Including the consumption of honey in your daily life can make a big difference in your quality of life, since the product has numerous health benefits. Best of all, this is not difficult, as it is a very versatile ingredient and easy to incorporate! It can be used in desserts, meats, and also as a sweetener. So why don't you consider using honey for breakfast?
So, you can understand the different possibilities, we prepared this post with 4 tips, check it out!
1. Use as a sweetener
Because of its sweet taste, honey can be used as a sweetener for juices, teas, and coffee. In this sense, it is worth noting that it is a healthier option than the refined sugar that we normally use since it allows easier digestion of glucose molecules.
2. Fruit salad with honey
Fruits are excellent allies of our organism since it contains a large number of nutrients and vitamins. In addition, they are foods easy to digest and provide energy for routine activities.
So, consider including fruit salad in your breakfast and use honey to add a special touch! Another excellent accompaniment is granola.
3. American pancakes
You have certainly seen American pancakes in movies or cartoons. They are made quickly with ingredients that we usually have at home and the ideal accompaniment is honey, which promotes a bittersweet flavor to the meal. Below, we teach you how to do them.
1 cup of wheat flour;
4 tablespoons of sugar;
3 teaspoons of baking powder;
2 units of egg;
1 cup of milk;
2 tablespoons of melted butter;
1 pinch of salt;
butter to grease.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one container and the liquids in another;
- Add the two, dry and liquid, stirring gently;
- Over medium heat, grease the pan with butter and, with the help of a ladle, place portions of the mixture and fry for approximately one minute on each side or until golden;
- Drizzle with honey to serve.
4. Oatmeal and honey
If you like cookies, but prefer to avoid industrialized ones, this recipe is perfect! In addition to being great for breakfast, they can also serve as a light and healthy snack option. Check below how to prepare them!
3 tablespoons of honey;
3 tablespoons of brown sugar;
2 spoons of butter;
1 cup of oats;
1 cup of wheat flour;
1 spoon of cake yeast.
- In a bowl, place the honey, brown sugar, butter, and egg and mix well, with a fouet or fork;
- Then add the oats and wheat flour and mix again;
- Finally, add the yeast;
- With the help of two spoons, place portions of dough on a baking sheet greased with butter;
- Place in a medium preheated oven (about 180 ° C) for about 15 minutes.
These are just a few ways to use honey for breakfast. Certainly, it is still possible to create new recipes to incorporate this rich ingredient into your diet. And now, how about knowing the differences between organic and common honey? Read our post!